Translate

Thursday 10 October 2013

The problem with buying online
Society today makes us feel that shopping online must be better this is why it is not

I buy something online and on the face of it, it looks cheaper, then the postage gets added, still a bit cheaper so it's still good. Then you have to wait for it to be delivered, for the few pound saved I could have gone and got it from a shop and have it now.

I know the next argument is that you don't have to travel as it gets delivered to the door, true for a paper back as it fits through the letter box not so good for a toaster as it will be delivered when I am at work, the good people at the post office will then leave you a note to pick it up from the depot which is further away from my house than the shop which then costs me more to get to.

So at the end of this, factoring in postage and the extra travel I have paid virtually the same for a product that I have not seen in real life, waited a week for and had to endure the disturbing realm that is the post Office Depot. The moral is unless you are saving a lot get off the sofa get out in the world and go and buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment